Did it just time out, or did that failure happen immediately.  If immediate you may be in a situation where you are hitting a bug. It "should" be safe to upgrade to a later version of 15.08.*. There may be fixes in there related to that.  I would look at the changelog though just to see if there is any database work that was done.

-Paul Edmon-