Hello friends,

We are running slurm 19.05.1-2 with an HA setup consisting of one primary and
one backup controller.  However, we are observing that when the backup takes
over, for some reason AllocNodes is getting set to “none” on all of our
partitions.  We can remedy this by manually setting AllocNodes=ALL on each
partition, however this is not feasible in production, since any jobs launched
just before the takeover still fail to submit (before the partitions can be
manually updated).  For reference, the backup controller has the correct config
if it is restarted AFTER the primary is taken down, so this issue seems
isolated to the takeover flow.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  Or any hints for how I can debug this
problem?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by