On 2020/12/17 11:34, Chris Samuel wrote:
On 16/12/20 6:21 pm, Kevin Buckley wrote:

The skip is occuring, in src/lua/slurm_lua.c, because of this trap

That looks right to me, that's Doug's code which is checking whether the
file has been updated since slurmctld last read it in.  If it has then
it'll reload it, but if it hasn't then it'll skip it (and if you've got
debugging up high then you'll see that message).

OK. That makes sense.

So if you see that message then the lua has been read in to slurmctld
and should get called.  You might want to check the log for when it last
read it in, just in case there was some error detected at that point.

Well, in the log snippet I provided, the implication is: Success.

You can also use luac to run a check over the script you've got like this:

luac -p /etc/opt/slurm/job_submit.lua

There's no luac in the Cray SDB images by default, only the
supporting libs, as the functionality is clearly there, vis:
the very first loading had already picked up a "missing end",
hence the assumption that the Success seen was implying a
"deep joy".

Will keep playing: cheers for the info,
Kevin

--