Hi guys,
I would like to calculate the CPU efficiency and Memory efficiency of slurm
jobs.

I am having difficulty calculating the real “memory” a job use.
According to slurm, “maxRSS” means "Maximum resident set size of all tasks in
job”. If so, how can I get the memory used by a single job?  As far as I am
concerned, if I need to know the memory used by a single job/jobstep, I need to
sum up the memory used for each task. So I think  I should use the “aveRSS”
field which gives the "average resident set size of all tasks in job”. If I
multiply the “aveRSS” with “task”, I should get the real memory a job/jobstep
used.

But I studied the code of the “seff” command and it claims to be equivalent to
"sacct -P -n -a --format
JobID,User,Group,State,Cluster,AllocCPUS,REQMEM,TotalCPU,Elapsed,MaxRSS,ExitCode,NNodes,NTasks
 -j <job_id>”, which means I should use “maxRSS”.

Can anyone give me some explanation on that?

Very grateful for any help.
Thank you!

Regards,
Xiaojing