On 5/27/21 2:49 AM, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
Hi Loris,

On 5/27/21 8:19 AM, Loris Bennett wrote:
Regarding keys vs. host-based SSH, I see that host-based would be more
elegant, but would involve more configuration.  What exactly are the
simplification gains you see? I just have a single cluster and naively I
would think dropping a script into /etc/profile.d on the login node
would be less work than re-configuring SSH for the login node and
multiple compute node images.

IMHO, it's really simply to setup hostbased SSH authentification:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/SLURM#host-based-authentication

This is more secure on Linux clusters, and you don't need to configure users' SSH keys, so it requires less configuration for the sysadmin in the long run.

What makes this more secure?

--
Prentice