On 29/6/22 09:01, Jean-Christophe HAESSIG wrote:

No, the job is placed through DRMAA API which enables programs to place
jobs in a cluster-agnostic way. Th program doesn't know it is talking to
Slurm. The DRMAA library makes the translation and loads libslurm36,
where the messages comes from. That's why I don't know how to tell
libslurm to log more, since its use is hidden behind DRMAA.

My gut instinct with this is that it will be reading your slurm.conf file to find its configuration and so you can adjust that to increase the log level (realising that everything that reads it at that point will pick those up). Academic now though you've solved it I guess!

All the best,
Chris
--
 Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA