On 10/28/22 07:35, Richard Chang wrote:
I have observed that when I specify a switch type in the slurm.conf file and that particular switch type is not present in the slurmctld node, slurmctld panics and shuts down. Is this expected ? My slurmctld doesn't have the switch type, but the computes have that switch type. how can I set it up so that it can utilise the feature but not break slurm.

What is you line in slurm.conf? The manual page seems to describe what you have observed:

SwitchType
Identifies the type of switch or interconnect used for applica‐ tion communications. Acceptable values include "switch/cray_aries" for Cray systems, "switch/none" for switches not requiring special processing for job launch or termination (Ethernet, and InfiniBand) and The default value is "switch/none". All Slurm daemons, commands and running jobs must be restarted for a change in SwitchType to take effect. If running jobs exist at the time slurmctld is restarted with a new value of SwitchType, records of all jobs in any state may be
              lost.

Why do you want to use this configuration?  Is your system a Cray?

/Ole