On 29/10/22 7:37 am, Davide DelVento wrote:

So either I misinterpreted that "same environment as the user tasks"
or there is something else that I am doing wrong.

Slurm has a number of different prologs that can run which can cause confusion, and I suspect that's what's happening here.

The "Prolog" in your configuration runs as root, but its the "TaskProlog" that runs as the user and so has access to the jobs environment (including the environment variable you are setting).

Unfortunately it looks like the license request information doesn't get propagated into any prologs from what I see from a scan of the documentation. :-(

Best of luck,
Chris
--
Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA