Marcus Wagner <wag...@itc.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> That depends on what is meant with formatting argument.

Yes, they could surely have defined that.

> etc. And I would assume, that -S, -E and -T are filtering options, not
> formatting options.

I'd describe -T as a formatting option:

       -T, --truncate
                 Truncate  time.   So if a job started before --starttime the
start
                 time would be truncated to --starttime.  The same for end time
and
                 --endtime.

As I read this, it changes how a job is written, it does not select
jobs.

> But getting sometimes no steps for a job (if in a larger JSON-output
> with many jobs) and then getting the steps, if one asks specifically
> for that jobid. That is something I would call broken.

That sounds worse, yes.

--
B/H