I've setup a partition THING with AllowAccounts=stuff.  I then use sacctmgr to
create the stuff account and a mystuff account whose parent is stuff.  My
understanding is that this would make mystuff a subaccount of stuff.

The description for specifying allowaccount in a partition definition in
slurm.conf says:

Comma-separated list of accounts which may execute jobs in the partition. The
default value is "ALL". This list is also hierarchical, meaning subaccounts are
included automatically.

However, when I try to submit a job using --account=mystuff, then it gets
rejected and the reason in the slurmctld.log is because "Job's account not
permitted to use this partition (THING allows stuff not mystuff)".

Am I not understanding what constitutes a subaccount?  When I "sacctmgr show
assoc tree", then I see that mystuff is under stuff.

Or am I misreading the documentation that says that subaccounts are included in
who is allowed to use the partition?

Thanks,

Rob