Hi Magnus,

On 8/30/23 10:12, Hagdorn, Magnus Karl Moritz wrote:
Yes, but can you share the details of which parameters you configure
in
this plugin so that you can extract node power?  This doesn't seem
obvious to me.

not much needs configuring. We have

EnergyIPMIFrequency=10
EnergyIPMICalcAdjustment=yes
EnergyIPMIPowerSensors=Node=DCMI_ENHANCED

in the acct_gather.conf.

This is a very useful example! I guess that you have also defined EnergyIPMIUsername and EnergyIPMIPassword in acct_gather.conf? How is the EnergyIPMIPassword protected from normal users if the /etc/slurm/acct_gather.conf file exists?

An EnergyIPMIFrequency of 10 seconds sounds like it could put a high load on the BMC and the server?

I have never tested IPMI DCMI_ENHANCED commands. Do you have some FreeIMPI commands which can be used to verify the basic IPMI DCMI_ENHANCED functionality?

Thanks,
Ole