Le mercredi 4 octobre 2023 à 06:03, Kratz, Zach <zkr...@clarku.edu> a écrit :

> We use an interactive node that will randomly select from our list of
> computing nodes to complete the job. We would like to find a way to select
> from our list of old nodes first, before using the newer ones. We tried using
> weight and assigned each of the old nodes a lower weight than the new nodes,
> but in testing the new nodes were still assigned, even if the old nodes were
> available.

Unless confidential, can you show the configuration Node and Partition
configuration lines you have tested unsuccessfully?

> Is there any way to configure this in the line that configures the
> interactive node in slurm.conf, for example:
>
> PartitionName=interactive-cpu   Nodes=node[1-17] weight =10 node[18-24]
> weight=50

Mind that Weight is a *Node* parameter, to be defined on Node setting lines[1],
not on Partition line.

Another less optimal option is to define a default partition with the old nodes
and another overlapping partition including the new nodes that users would need
to specify explicitely on job submission to access the new nodes.

[1] https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html#SECTION_NODE-CONFIGURATION
--
Rémi Palancher
Rackslab: Open Source Solutions for HPC Operations