Xaver,

It is likely your /var or /var/spool mount.
That may be a separate partition or part of your root partition. It is the partition that is full, not the directory itself. So the cause could very well be log files in /var/log. I would check to see what (if any) partitions are getting filled on the node. You can run 'df -h' and see some info that would get you started.

Brian Andrus