Hi Farcas,

On 12/15/23 11:00, Felix wrote:
we are installing a new server with slurm on ALMA Linux 9.2

Slurm support on EL9 might perhaps be a little less mature than on EL8.

we did the followimg:

dnf install slurm

The result is

rpm -qa | grep slurm
slurm-libs-22.05.9-1.el9.x86_64
slurm-22.05.9-1.el9.x86_64

Please note the warning about Slurm RPM packages from EPEL in the Slurm Quick Start guide https://slurm.schedmd.com/quickstart_admin.html

NOTE: In the beginning of 2021, a version of Slurm was added to the EPEL
repository. This version is not supported or maintained by SchedMD, and is not
currently recommend for customer use. Unfortunately, this inclusion could cause
Slurm to be updated to a newer version outside of a planned maintenance period.
In order to prevent Slurm from being updated unintentionally, we recommend you
modify the EPEL Repository configuration to exclude all Slurm packages from
automatic updates.

exclude=slurm*

You should follow SchedMD's Slurm Quick Start guide in stead of installing Slurm packages from EPEL.

/Ole