From: wdennis--- via slurm-users <slurm-users@lists.schedmd.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 9:48 PM
To: slurm-users@lists.schedmd.com
Subject: [slurm-users] Redirect jobs submitted to old partition to new

Hi all,

I have a single-partition Slurm cluster (the single partition name being
"default_queue") that I now want to implement multiple different queues on to
subdivide the resources. Say the new default queue is "queue1"; Should I set
the "default_queue" to `State=INACTIVE` and then use `Alternate=queue1` on it
to redirect jobs sent to the old "default_queue" to end up on "queue1"?

Thinking it would be nice to have an AltPartitionName= construct to handle
this... (must be a reason this doesn't exist)