For those that are interested, I was able to resolve this by doing the
following:

- Remove the "get_user_environment" attribute from the "jobs" attribute.
- Add an additional attribute to the "environment" attribute titled
"SLURM_GET_USER_ENV" and setting that equal to 1.

Example before change:

{
 "job": {
  "get_user_environment": 1
 }
}

Example after change:
{
 "job": {
  "environment": {
   "SLURM_GET_USER_ENV": 1
  }
 }
}

Is anyone in contact with the development team? I feel that this is pretty
basic functionality that was removed from the REST API without warning.
Considering that this was a "patch" release (based on traditional semantic
versioning guidelines), this type of modification shouldn't have happened and
makes me worry about upgrading in the future.

Best regards,

Juan