Hi,

We have a number of machines in our compute cluster that have larger disks
available for local data. I would like to add them to the same partition as
the rest of the nodes but assign them a larger TmpDisk value which would
allow users to request a larger tmp and land on those machines.

The main hurdle is that (for reasons beyond my control) the larger local
disks are on a special mount point /largertmp whereas the rest of the
compute cluster uses the vanilla /tmp. I can't see an obvious way to make
this work as the TmpFs value appears to be global only and attempting to
set TmpDisk to a value larger than TmpFs for those nodes will put the
machine into an invalid state.

I couldn't see any similar support tickets or anything in the mail archive
but I wouldn't have thought it would be that unusual to do this.

Thanks in advance!
Jake