On 16-03-30 06:15 PM, Dave Finster wrote:
It is worth mentioning that due to the design decisions around disk I/O in
KVMs, for good performance (which itself is subjective) to be realised, you
*really really* need a good SSD based SLOG in the zpool.

My personal favourite is the HGST SSD800MH.B

The reasoning here is that every write operation inside a KVM is synchronous to
the zpool. A zpool that is not optimised to cater for synchronous writes will
not yield very good results.

- Dave