From: Eric Ripa
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2016 07:55
To: smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org
Subject: [smartos-discuss] Re: Tips for Docker on SmartOS

Hi Robert
Sorry for my wording here, honestly I'm not super up-to-date with docker
support in SDC. I just know it's much nicer, like you say. Point the thing and
it's working. This is pretty much what I'm looking for on SmartOS.

Regarding running SDC vs SmartOS. As far as I know there is a) a requirement
for >2 nodes on SDC (which I don't have for my home setup) and b) no supported
upgrade path from SmartOS to SDC. I currently don't have the capacity to
migrate the data to something else and redo the setup.

Btw, is the SDC docker support backed by LX brands or KVM?

BR
Eric Ripa

On Friday, April 1, 2016, Robert Mustacchi <r...@joyent.com> wrote:
On 3/31/16 22:16 , Eric Ripa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve been running a single SmartOS host as my home server for almost a year.
> While I’m super happy with the setup I would like to start running Docker
> experiments in a more clean way than setting up KVM hosts and doing the
> manual shenanigans. I know there is a somewhat finished process for SDC to do
> this and I know you can manually import containers via imgadm and creating
> vmadm files for it, but I’m looking for a more polished process.

Hi,

Can you describe what you don't find polished about SDC here? Is it just
that you don't want to run SDC as opposed to SmartOS?

In terms of launching it, once SDC is set up, you just point the stock
docker tools and set the host url to SDC.

Thanks,
Robert

http://www.listbox.com

--
Hälsningar

Eric Ripa
Cloud Engineer

Phone
+46 (0) 731 800 502
Email
eric.r...@skymill.se
Web
skymill.se

smartos-discuss | Archives | Modify Your Subscription