Am 31.03.2016 18:30, schrieb Robert Mustacchi:
On 3/31/16 2:06 , Stefan wrote:
We have two identical machines (A and B) both equipped with 192 GiB RAM. The first one runs 10 VMs using 16,000 MB RAM each plus two smaller VMs
with less than 3 GiB RAM:

There are 2,350,836 pages of 4,096 bytes available resident memory which
seems reasonable.  However, on machine B we could create no more than
six VMs with 16,000 MB RAM before we get timeouts. Here are its figures:

On this machine vmadm create failed with

Any ideas?

What is the sizing of your sawp device? e.g. zfs list zone/swap

The machines were configured with different swap sizes:

   [root@A ~]# swap -sh
   total: 159G allocated + 668M reserved = 160G used, 49G available

   [root@B ~]# swap -sh
   total: 101G allocated + 95M reserved = 101G used, 30G available

After adjusting B's swap the timeouts are gone.

Thanks,
Stefan