Hi Matthew,

> have you tried w/ another OS

Not yet - the box did go through a one week Linux-based test programme (CPU,
RAM, HBA, disks, etc.), and a one-week synthetic workload test (running zones
that are preconfigured to simulate our usual load situations, under standalone
SmartOS) before installation and we didn’t see any problems - but all that
really tells us is that it didn’t fall over for two one-week periods.

Right now, I am logging the IPMI SOL to a file, with the hope that if the box
reboots without leaving any logs or a dump, it might have printed something to
the console before or during whatever is causing the reboot.

I’ve got another machine on the way, so once I’ve got everything off this
misbehaving unit, I could install a Linux distro or Windows to see what kind of
uptime it can achieve then.

Adam