Me can correct but.

1)  In KVM machine, there is no such thing as zvol / dataset inside. For
the work you get. Roughly speaking, a virtual disk.

You can view all the available options in section vmad man

 disks:
 - You can make them mo than one
 - You can specify the compression option to them, and of the other that is
written in man page

but dataset (zfs)  control which contain these virtual disks is made from
the host machine

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a zvol or dataset from the global zone accessible
> within a KVM virtual machine. I was hoping to setup the new zvol / dataset
> on a different zpool (not zones). I've read some discussions about using
> lofs but that seems to only work with LX or SmartOS zones.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Sean Weatherall
> *smartos-discuss* | Archives
> <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/184463/=now>