On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Robert Mustacchi <r...@joyent.com> wrote:

> On 2/13/17 12:56 , Youzhong Yang wrote:
> > It seems it's not that simple. I will leave it for later troubleshooting
> as
> > I don't have cycles to debug it now.
>
> Do you have a write up somewhere about what you encountered and what
> went wrong?

I think you should be able to reproduce the issues encountered by booting
SmartOS under SmartOS KVM with qemu_extra_opts tweaking the virtio physical
and logical block sizes e.g.:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Nahum Shalman <nshal...@omniti.com> wrote:

> I think you should be able to set "qemu_extra_opts" to e.g. "-global
> virtio-blk-pci.physical_block_size=8192 -global
> virtio-blk-pci.logical_block_size=4096"
> to test tweaking those values.

I was certainly able to trip a bug with those particular settings which
seemed like the kind of thing an SSD might do.
When using those settings, diskinfo got the size wrong and the system was
unable to create a ZFS pool.

-Nahum