On 27 July 2017 at 23:23, Joven Sabanal <jo...@globalmobility.net> wrote:
> We are doing vulnerability scan on our Zone virtual machine and we found
> vulnerabilities that need to resolve in order to pass the security scan. We
> are using Nexpose Community vulnerability scanner and the following are the
> vulnerabilities detected:
>
> Oracle Solaris 11 Unsupported Point Release
> For item 1, it's recommendation is to download latest Solaris 11.

This is SmartOS, an illumos distribution which is unrelated to Oracle
Solaris 11.  The scanner appears to be incorrectly identifying the
operating system, which is not a good start for a tool like this.

> Solaris Loginlog Undefined
> Solaris Core Files Unprotected
> Solaris Unrestricted crontab Access
> User home directory mode unsafe
> For items 2 - 5, I apply what's indicated on the vulnerabilities
> recommendation but even applying it and rebooted the VM, it's still not
> resolve.

This list is extremely vague so it's hard to make any concrete
recommendations.  What is the exact check that's being done for each
item in the list?

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow