Im hoping that people here are able to help me since this question is a real
noob question. Im a big fan of Linux with most of my experience to date on
Ubuntu and Suse systems. Im looking to purchase the openmoko and would
really love to have Debian on it, due to being able to access a large number
of Debian apps. From the table on
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions#Debian) it indicates that
Debian has been able to successfully integrate the important features of a
smart phone. However on the table it indicates ((1) works, but need
additional software to be installed) for the vast majority of features. I
have fairly good computer knowledge and am relatively comfortable with the
command line interface but im not a computer science major and cannot
program to save my life. So I thought I would ask the question number to
make it easier for reply.

1.)    Is the Debian release able to provide a phone that has the basic
functions (SMS, telephony, email) without needing to spend a week getting it
to work.

2.)    Will there be a Debian release for the Openmoko that includes all the
basic functions. If so what sort of time frame is anticipated for this.

Thankyou for any advice you can give

Peter