wiki, and now x starts, zhone starts but it seems like I'm not allowed
to do anything with dbus or contact the frameworkd.

My groups are:
bram dialout floppy sudo audio video staff games messagebus

fso does not (yet?) support groups and the current dbus access rights configuration is set up to fit root. since the latest dbus upgrade in debian fixed a bug, dbus is virtually closed to anyone but root per default.

i've experienced that a while ago (3 or 4 weeks) and joachim posted a few steps, how to change that -- i don't have them at hand right now, but this list should have an archive; google fails me.