Hi Sebastian!

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:46:54 +0100, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> I request to update the debian kernel. The current one in pkg-fso
> repo has problems with Bluetooth after suspend/resume if Bluetooth
> has been disabled before. This has been fixed by Balaji two days
> ago [1] and would work with a newer kernel. There are also fixes
> for some other problems with audio and lcm [2].

Thank you for the information.

> I just saw, that I looked @ andy-tracking. Perhaps we can get
> an additional 2.6.29 kernel for the impatient ones? :)

The discussion about a new kernel started on the pkg-fso-maint mailing
list less than two weeks ago [1] and FYI I was already planning to
update the Debian kernel, also because of the WiFi problem [2].  The
last problem I encounter seems to be solved now [3], so I can go on.

I have already started working on the new kernel locally: is it OK if I
package up to commit b9de904e7aadd7b37c4035fd5d6f59e5f80089b6 [4] (which
is already 2.6.29) or should I pull again?  The more recent commits seem
mostly related to GTA03.

As a general note, I strongly disagree to a additional kernel packages,
as well as to any additional (i.e. snapshot) package for other FSO
software.  First, the pkg-fso team is already low in manpower; second,
adding new packages means that debugging problems will be a bit more
difficult because of differences in package versions.

> P.S.: I get WSOD with 2.6.28 from time to time after resume. My
> FR was WSOD free with 2.6.24, though. Does any of you have the same
> behaviour?

For different problems, the best thing would be to start a new thread...

I have never experienced it, have you tried if it is present with the
FSO-MS5 kernel as well?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: