On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:04:39PM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:

> Note that I checked the very same microSDHC on my laptop with `badblocks
> -w`, without finding any error.  Thus, it seems the problem relies on
> the Openmoko GTA02 itself.

Yes, somehow in connection with having a SIM card in the phone.

> FWIW, restarting the installation on the 512MB SanDisk microSD that I
> received with my FR did not show any error at all, nor the other 4GB
> SanDisk I bought (and which IIRC was double in price WRT the Kingston
> one, for the very same size).
> I will just stop using the Kingston microSDHC :-(

That is what I did: I now bought a 8G microSDHC from SanDisk and it
seems to work.  I have no idea whether this is a bug in Kingston's SD
cards or in the kernel or in the Glamo, but for 15€, and with so many
broken things to look into, it was not worth the time to investigate.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enr...@debian.org>