>> Maybe I misunderstood what you said.  I mean that the auto-suspend only
>> takes place if you react to the wake-up,

> yes, but only if i do _not_ act on the wake up.
> to make it absolutely clear:
> - the phones is stowed away unsupervised.
> - a call/sms comes in
> - the phone wakes up
> - nobody picks up that call or sms or in another way interacts with the
> phone
> - <timespan> after the ringing has finished the phone suspends again.

Great, so we agree.  The problem is in defining "nobody picks up that
call or sms or in another way interacts with the phone".  In my case, my
phone is usually tucked away in some pocket, so as soon as i wakes up it
risks getting random touchscren "presses".

The safest choice would probably be some form of a screen-lock: as long
as the screen is locked (which it should be upon wake-up), suspend after
N seconds of idleness.

        Stefan