2009/6/14 Luca Capello <l...@pca.it>:
>        [...] [--rotate orientation] [...]
>        [-o orientation] [...]
>
> Since xf86-video-glamo claims to be RandR 1.2 compatible, the --rotate
> option must work as well, which is not the case.

Ah, no wonder I was puzzled about "rotations not working". Yes indeed
per-output setting should work as well.

> test this behavior on an Openmoko image, but I do not know which one
> already use xf86-video-glamo instead of Xglamo.

I think the answer is "none", because of proper X.org packaging
lacking in OpenEmbedded, but not sure.

> However, I cannot find upstream Git commit 0f03b39435910, which causes
> the problem above.

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=xf86-video-glamo.git;a=commit;h=0f03b39435910933a34f5b5dccbc57fb55a2b6f1

There has been 7 commits after that, so maybe people should also test
the newest version.. On the other hand, I'd already be interested in
Thomas's DRI/DRM/EXA stack of
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-tracking
+ http://git.bitwiz.org.uk/?p=libdrm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/glamo
+
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=xf86-video-glamo.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/exa-via-dri
because that's a) cool b) something that with addition of KMS could
offer much better user experience in the long run... if there is a
possibility to get rid of both crashes under load and busy loops that
stall the CPU, Glamo could actually become a sort of accelerator it's
currently not :)

>  http://git.openmoko.org/?p=xf86-video-glamo.git;a=commitdiff;h=22997a5a5d4f53872d3a3073611c0cd7f1bcc263
>
> I can simply include upstream fix or package a newer checkout, but I
> would like to not cause any regression.

Yes, it'd be beneficial for -2 if there is uncertainty about whether
to upgrade to later git version.

>  - for some reason, now matchbox-keyboard has some lag after hitting a
>   key, and it somehow goes into autorepeat mode. Alt+D shows the
>   desktop then hides it then shows it again and so on, Alt+X opens
>   zillions of xterms... this could however be caused by something
>   completely unrelated.

Yeah this is also a true problem. Too bad there are no fixes but only
workarounds to these (at least) two problems, ie. font size
(workaround -dpi 96) and keys repeating (workaround disabling key
repeat which I'm using).

-Timo