Hello.

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 19:00, Nicola Mfb wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Nikita V. Youshchenko<yo...@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >> http://www.nokia.com/press/press-releases/showpressrelease?newsid=133759
> >>4
> [...]
> > I believe this device is running ofono stack, see http://www.ofono.org/

I don't believe this. The ofono project was started way to late for the N900.
Would be suprised if they got it in shape for a production device in time. I
think newer models will make use of it tho.

> Would be possible to have FSO support it?

That depends, as always. :)

- Will somebody with hardware work on it? So far None of the FSO core team has
  the hardware.

- Are we able to flash an own rootfs? So far I have only seen root access
  allowed. More information is needed here.

- Is the modem documented or at least the phone stack public available.

> Just found the older n800 is supported by OE and mamona runs on it,
> but I did never care about that and google does not help very much in
> understanding how much the device is "open".

Well, Quim is saying it would be great for freedom lovers. (He might be biased
tho. :))

http://flors.wordpress.com/2009/08/27/software-freedom-lovers-here-comes-maemo-5/

Sadly it only mentions that you are allowed to be root on your own device.
Nothing about Kernel and rootfs flashing, potential binary blobs in kernel and
userspace, documentation and so on. If all that gets a green flag, great, but
somebody needs to research this.

regards
Stefan Schmidt