Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 09:05:53AM +0100, Arigead wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>     Hope this question ain't too stupid. I'd like to try and run the FSO
>> Framework on my ubuntu laptop. More specifically I'd like to play with
>> the PIM part of the framework. I'm hoping to play with it and write code
>> to interface with the PIM Engine with DBus calls.
>>
>> I've done the basic "sudo python setup.py install" which seems to have
>> run fine but executing frameworkd tells me that there is no
>> frameworkd.conf Could somebody point me in the right direction here. Can
>> I simply copy the conf file from a freerunner across to the ubuntu
>> laptop. That sounds a bit too simple.
>>
>> Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
>>
>> John
>
> Hi,
>
> Just copy the default frameworkd.conf to /etc/frameworkd.conf and
> disable all subsystems except of opimd. Btw. you may want to install
> the Debian packages in Ubuntu instead of installing FSO without any
> packaging control system. If so you can find the package here:
>
> http://pkg-fso.nomeata.de/sid/fso-frameworkd
>
> You will also need some dependencies, which are linked on the page.
> Dependencies, which are not linked can be found in the Debian
> repository and most likley in the Ubuntu repository, too.
>
> -- Sebastian

Thanks a million for that response Sebastian. It makes sense to install
everything from deb packages so I started that but unfortunatley
encountered an error with an install of python-phoneutils it's
complaining that /usr/share/python-support/python-phoneutils.public is
not a directory which is fair comment as it's not a directory.

I'm a bit suspicious of a package that's installing python-phoneutils
having a problem with python-phoneutils ;-)

John