Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 06:27 -0800 schrieb cchan...@yahoo.com:
>   I have a few doubts I wanted to clear:-
> 1. I was wondering whether the fso dbus implementation handles csm sms's
> (larger than 160 char's) for outgoing messages also - or is the CSM support
> only for incoming messages?

The Python-based implementation has only a very low level API for
concatenated messages, you have to handle the fragmenting and
defragmenting in your code.

However, fsogsmd (which is under heavy development) will deal with all
that, so in the near future, you can expect concatenated messages to be
handled transparently.

> 2.  Also, I've noticed that the cell broadcast subscription seems to work
> intermittently - I only get the IncomingCellBroadcast signal after startup
> and rarely thereafter.

Is this on a TI Calypso? On this modem, you need to send an additional
command, but this should automatically be sent once you use the FSO API
to enable reception. Often, cell broadcast messages are only sent on
cell handover, so if you don't move, chances are you don't get much.

> 3.  I use opim dbus calls to get some phone state data (ringtone, volume etc)
> before giving more dbus calls to get data from opim into a local db in
> launcher. It seems like after a few calls, the dbus response time increases
> and the dbus eventually pauses for a while before it starts responding again.
> Is there a way to speed this up? Using threads doesn't seem to help.

Right now, all the python-based subsystems (in recent distributions gsm,
pim, event, and preferences) share one python instance -- this is what
makes them slow. The speedup will come as we substitute the subsystems
with their compiled counterparts -- which has already started w/
fsousaged and fsodeviced.

Cheers,

:M: