2009/12/23 Steven Jones <sjo...@enrgies.com>:
> touchscreen behavior is the same: when I touch the screen when it's dim (but
> not black) it becomes bright, but doesn't respond otherwise to touching the
> screen.

I'm now having this same problem after I rebooted my Debian. Could the
hal 0.5.14 update have caused the problem? It seems the only
possibility looking at my /var/cache/apt/archives, ie. what I updated
since last reboot (though I may hvae done apt-get clean as well). Note
that I'm running Debian testing + E17, so I may not have all the
latest stuff from unstable (though hal is the same in unstable as
well).

-Timo