Hi Neil,

> Von: Neil Webster <neil_webs...@sympatico.ca>

> I forgot to mention but even though I have it running now, I would be
> happy to try some further test cases if you want to recreate the
> original problem; just let me know.

I have just committed patches that should help
 * with an explicit pointer on where to get the "ar" binary from
 * setting LANG=C to possibly reduce error messages

It would be of great help if you could confirm that the script works, say until
the warning that the SD would need to be formatted.

I personally would prefer you to save your energy for testing/fixing the
overall environment of the system. Those running into the same issue as you are
likely to find your original report via some search engine and then we have to
setups to compare. Let us wait for that.

Many greetings

Steffen