Gutentag Mickey,

Selon Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mic...@vanille-media.de>:

> Salut Alain,
>
> > I have recently bought an HTC Dream (a T-Mobile G1).
>
> Congrats and welcome on board!

Thanks for all your work on this.

> > What is the situation ? (I have tried the leviathan/gnu-conform kernel with
> an
> > Angstrom image of my IPAQ h2200, to try it quickly)  Can FSO1 be used ?
>
> Yes, FSO1 could be used, but it's in bugfix-only mode since long. I'd
> rather use FSO2.

So I will try it.

> The general state of things is like that: FSO2 is supporting many things
> on the dream and I'm right now working on zhone2 (in Vala/C) as a small
> smartphone FSO demo application. My current target platforms are HTC
> Dream and Palm Pre -- some first screenshots @ linuxtogo.org, page2 or
> 3.

I have seen this. Thanks a lot.

> The good things:
>
>  * keyboard, keys, buttons, switches, touchscreen works fine (no
> multitouch though)

you get all the keyboard keys ? / tab etc ?

>  * leds, backlight, power supply reporting works fine
>  * telephony works fine (htc_qualcomm_dream plugin)
>  * UMTS data connectivity works fine (pdp_qmi plugin)

Can gprs and phone be used in 2G ? where can it be choose ? (in android, I have
seen that 3G can be enable or diseable).

> The bad things:
>  * Wifi and BT status unknown
>  * resume does not reinit the panel without changing to vt1 and back
> (flicker, flicker) -- needs some kernel experts
>  * accelerometer and compass need to be supported
>  * audio is not perfect, needs kernel experts
>
> The ugly things:
>  * GPS is using a closed protocol, no idea when and if we ever get
> access to that in GNU/Linux
>  * Camera is using a closed protocol, no idea when and if we ever get
> access to that in GNU/Linux

Ok.

> > Is the HTC Dream able to suspend/resume ? (I can suspend it, but how to
> resume
> > ?)
>
> As you would expect. echo "mem" >/proc/power/state suspends the dream,

Yes I get this.

> echo "on" >/proc/power/state resumes it.

A very stupid question : how can I do this if the phone is suspended ?

> Apart from the display init on
> resume problem this works great. I have added support for this in
> fsousaged lowlevel plugin lowlevel_htc_qualcomm_dream -- feel free to
> take a look.

Yes I have seen it, but I have the stupid question above.

> In general the HTC Dream looks really promising these days and given a
> bit of kernel developer power, I'm sure we can bring FSO2 to a level
> where we can use it as a day-to-day phone.
>
> Help would be much appreciated!

If I can, I will try.

> I need to take this back, apparantly suspend/resume is completely broken
> in our kernel, what we see is only sleep mode, i.e. automatic CPUfreq on
> demand. With this we get 7h of runtime, which is ok, but out of question
> for day 2 day use.

echo mem > /sys/power/state is in fact a cpufreq ? Have I well understood ?

> Someone needs to look into why suspend/resume is broken in our 2.6.32 --
> again, kernel experts necessary.

With which kernel was suspend working ?

Thanks,

Alain