Hi Giles,

On 04/24/2010 09:36 AM, Gilles Filippini wrote:
e.waelde a écrit , Le 23/04/2010 22:35:
So I installed gpsd, disabled ogpsd in /etc/frameworkd.conf,

You shouldn't have to disable ogpsd.
Hm, as suggested by Al Johnson in this thread:
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/smartphones-userland/2010-March/002511.html
... dont ogpsd and gpsd both read from /dev/ttySAC1 and eat each other's
characters???
Just wild guessing ...

added
DEVICES="/dev/ttySAC1" to /etc/default/gpsd
and rebootet. It seems I did remove fso-gpsd as well.
+ the gpspart in zhone will not even start any more. This is expected,
since ogpsd/fso-gpsd are not running.
- tangogps will still not receive a position, allthough lsof lists an
established connection
   between tangogps and gpsd. This situation does not change if I go
outside.

The GPS chipset have to be powered on. Do you have omhacks installed?

        $ sudo apt-get install omhacks

Then power on the GPS chipset:

        $ sudo om gps power 1

Yapp. That was it. I also found out a minute ago :-)

Then
        $ cat /dev/ttySAC1

Sould produce some output such as:

$GPTXT,01,01,02,u-blox ag - www.u-blox.com*50
$GPTXT,01,01,02,$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,N*53
$GPVTG,,,,,,,,,N*30
$GPGGA,,,,,,0,00,99.99,,,,,,*48
$GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,99.99,99.99,99.99*30

I still think, there is a permission problem:

r...@neo:~# ls -l /dev/ttySAC1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 204, 65 Apr 24 09:47 /dev/ttySAC1

0660 does not look sufficient for gpsd running as "nobody"
r...@neo:~# ps aux | grep gpsd
nobody     978  1.5  1.9   5524  2508 ?        S<s  09:29   0:17 /usr/sbin/gpsd
-F /var/run/gpsd.sock -P /var/run/gpsd.pid /dev/ttySAC1

r...@neo:~# id nobody
uid=65534(nobody) gid=65534(nogroup) groups=65534(nogroup)

I did add rw for all
chmod 0666 /dev/ttySAC1
which makes the setup work (tangogps now reading a position).

While my setup currently works, it is not complete:

a. maybe I should add nobody into group dialout, or gpsd should run as
another user entirely ...
b. the gps icon in trayer fails to switch on/off gps (probably because ogpsd is
not
available any more).
c. same for the button in the menu attached to the [POWER] Button.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
Erich