On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 23:25:53 +0300
Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindf...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Visti Andresen <ta...@talpa.dk> writes:
> > /etc/frameworkd.conf states:
> > ============================
> > # choose your muxer, available types are: gsm0710muxd [default],
> > fso-abyss
> > #ti_calypso_muxer = fso-abyss
>
> Your lines were probably wrapped?

Yes claws-mail broke the comment into two lines I overlooked that
when sending the mail, sorry about that.

> > My question:
> > ============
> > Who/what is responsible for starting gsm0710muxd?
>
> When fso-frameworkd tries to talk to it dbus-daemon starts it.
>
> -Timo
Indeed you are right it gets started automatically.
So it seems that the problem is not that the muxer does not get started.

But when I start fso-frameworkd manually wait for it to settle and then
launch zhone I get:

---

  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
  __call__ return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
  __call__ **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in
  call_blocking message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freesmartphone.GSM.MUX.NoChannel:
All channels are used

---

(Some lines were warped and the entire sequence is available as an
attachment)

Previously I noted the "GSM.MUX.NoChannel:" and the fact that I could
not find the mux in "ps aux" output.
(which lead me to the assumption that the muxer was not started, and
needed to be started)

Perhaps it is a dbus timeout problem?
I can not remember the exact description of the issue only that there
were some issues with dbus and timeouts.

P.S. After shutting down zhone and starting it again there
were no additional complaints about "GSM.MUX.NoChannel:"

Also the muxer had disappeared from "ps aux" output.
r...@debian-gta02:~# /etc/init.d/fso-frameworkd stop
r...@debian-gta02:~# /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/frameworkd
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystem.py", line 112, in
registerModulesInSubsystem
    level = 0
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystems/ophoned/headset.py",
line 19, in <module>
    import dbus, alsaaudio, gobject, subprocess
ImportError: No module named alsaaudio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystem.py", line 112, in
registerModulesInSubsystem
    level = 0
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystems/ophoned/ophoned.py",
line 23, in <module>
    from headset import HeadsetManager
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystems/ophoned/headset.py",
line 19, in <module>
    import dbus, alsaaudio, gobject, subprocess
ImportError: No module named alsaaudio
init
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/patterns/asyncworker.py", line
152, in _processElement
    logger.exception( 'exception while processing element %s:', next )
AttributeError: class logger has no attribute 'exception'
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
no elements in queue: starting idle task.
_processElement()
got an element from the queue
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystems/ogsmd/modems/abstract/modem.py",
 line 289, in _initChannels
    if not self._channels[channel].open():
  File
"/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystems/ogsmd/gsm/channel.py", line
85, in open
    path = self.pathfactory( self.name )
  File
"/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/framework/subsystems/ogsmd/modems/ti_calypso/modem.py",
 line 184, in pathfactory
    return str( self._muxeriface.AllocChannel( name ) )