On 6/12/2023 7:59 μ.μ., Stephen Davidson via Smcwg-public wrote:

Hello:

Here is an updated diff for the CAA text following our discussions today:

-As suggested by Cade, to add the TTL/8hr reference consistent with the TLS BR.

-To add the implementation dates in 2.2 and 4.2

https://github.com/srdavidson/smime/compare/241e92cde85c25d7e0d4a5c70118ecadacd4d72b...43228a41a5cc99a3301c4066621787cde7e0f79a

The plan will be to move this to ballot at the start of 2024, so I encourage CAs to engage with operations teams and/or software vendors on the suitability of the implementation dates.

Best regards, Stephen

I would actually prefer that we remove references to RFC 8659 and only refer to RFC 9495 which is applicable to S/MIME. RFC 8659 is part of the Normative References (section 8.1 of RFC 9495) so we are good.

Dimitris.