Hi all,

Please, would anybody have a comment on my question? Do you require more information?

Thank you

td

On 12/07/2014 01:29 PM, Tony DeMatteis wrote:
Greetings,

I've written a probe and would like to define a target variable. The probe is working as expected. However, I am having some difficulty determining why my target variable definition is resulting in an error.

Dec 7 11:25:38 smokeping1 smokeping[12632]: Can't call method "SUPER::targetvars" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Smokeping/probes/MyCustomProbe.pm line 307

Here I've added the following to the sub targetvars {} of my probe.

     version => {
       _doc => <<DOC,
 The version option specifies the version.
 DOC
       _example => "6.20",
     },

It is not defined in the _mandatory => [] struct as I don't want it to be a mandatory variable, but optional.

The probe loads without any errors on service start up. I can add the version variable to a Target definition and it is passed to my probe. However, I can't isolate the cause of the error above other than I know it's due to the added target variable definition.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I would like to finish and polish off this probe so that I can publish it.

Thank you

td