Yazoo County 08/02/03
  Ambulance Service Questioned After Murder

  By: Cheryl Lasseter
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Shea Parker says she saw it happen. Around 10:20
  Friday night, her cousin, 27-year-old Wilson 'Chuck'
  Thomas, was shot and killed in a patch of grass at the
  Shady Lane Apartments in Yazoo County, just outside
  the city limits.

  "I was talking to him at the time, when the young man
  got out the car," Parker says. "When he got over there
  he just shot twice, the first shot hit him in the
  heart and he fell to the ground."

  A 17-year-old who's well-known in the neighborhood has
  been arrested for the crime. But something else is
  compounding Parker's grief. She says the Yazoo
  Ambulance Service didn't perform.

  "People was running down there, telling them to come
  back there and get him," she says.

  Witnesses say an ambulance pulled up in front of a
  laundromat next to the Shady Lane Apartments.
  Witnesses say the ambulance wouldn't enter the
  apartments until the Sheriff showed up.

  Soon after the shooting, the victim's mother showed
  up, and WLBT News is told she couldn't get the
  ambulance crew to transport her son. "She ran back and
  said, 'put my son in my car. Put my baby in my car,'"
  Parker says.

  Sheriff James Williams arrived after the scene was
  cleared. "A young black male was shot, taken to King's
  Daughter's Hospital by private vehicle, we arrived on
  the scene and started interviewing people," Sheriff
  Williams says. He wouldn't comment on the performance
  of Yazoo Ambulance Service.

  Workers at the ambulance station on Saturday couldn't
  comment.

  The name of the shooting suspect is being withheld
  because of his age.

  Witnesses do not know if Chuck Thomas died on the
  scene or at the hospital. He is survived by one
  daughter.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

--- SMU-L
Si vous avez plusieurs adresses email, vous pouvez les envoyer a
Frederic Giroux a l'adresse [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Un (ou des)
alias pourront ainsi etre crees pour que vous puissiez envoyer des
messages a travers la liste a partir de n'importe quel de vos alias.
Autrement, les messages qui proviennent d'une adresse non-listee sont
automatiquement rejetes.

Répondre à