Tilly wrote:
I love Macs - I opened my laptop this morning having put it to sleep
after fruitlessly trying to connect for ages and first time I try to
get onto the Web I'm there. Not sure how, but it's the Mac magic that
somehow sorts itself out in the end... It looks like I must have
managed to get onto the VPN as there is no wifi 'fan' on the top menu.
anyway thanks guys. You may be right that the IT department here would
have been helpful but in the end I didn't need to test it.
it sounds like it renewed the DHCP lease. If it goes wrong again, you can renew that manually in Sys Prefs/Network/Airport/Advanced then click on TCP/IP to see the button.