There is a Mail plug in of sorts called Mail Attachment Iconizer which allows
you to add attachments as icons rather than embedding them in the body of your
message.  I've been using it for a while without problem.  Go here -
http://lokiware.info/Mail-Attachments-Iconizer

Bests.

Jonathan Brady
Photography, Multimedia, Video