Interesting to know that Matt - I said to Paul in Apple support that I'm sure I
wasn't the only person using TM with this problem but I wasn't expecting
another sufferer so close to home!

He has just sent me an app called "Capture Data" which I ran, then ran my TM
backup, then stopped his app. It then took ages to do its stuff and generated
an 11MB file on the desktop which I've emailed to him and he is sending it to
Apple engineering. He's off for the week so no more reports until next week but
I'll keep the group posted with whatever I hear.

Cheers,

Stephen

On 8 Jun 2011, at 14:13, Matt Healey wrote:

> Very interesting... I have this exact same issue with mine. A couple of
> folders wont back up. Nothing special about them, I just have to accept it.
> I spent a good couple of weeks going round in circles before I eventually
> started backing up one folder at a time, eventually ending up with the dodgy
> culprits (was an exciting time in my life!).
>
> Be interested to hear what apple say when they get back to you.
>

> On 08/06/2011 11:14, "Stephen Watson" <itsagr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I said some while back that I've been having problems with my TM backups and
>> after spending easily over and hour on the phone yesterday with Apple support
>> what we have found is that I have a folder that TM will never back up. It can
>> be renamed, copied to the desktop and imported into another user's Public
>> drop
>> box and TM will refuse to back it up or its contents. The Finder is happy
>> with
>> it, it operates as normal in every way, works find in Open/Save dialogs and
>> it
>> looks just fine in terminal too. I zipped it up and emailed to the Apple
>> support guy and he found that his TM would not back it up either! Result.
>>
>> He is sending to Apple's engineers and will let me know - I will post back
>> any
>> results here for whatever use they may ben. We rely on TM to backup our stuff
>> so we don't have to worry. Not fun to find out that you need a file only to
>> discover that, for reasons presently unkown, it's been excluded from your
>> backup for days, weeks, years ...
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stephen

“Localisation stands, at best, at the limits of practical possibility, but it
has the decisive argument in its favour that there will be no alternative.” ~
Dr David Fleming: 1940-2010.