Stephen,

Thanks for that, I thought my problem had disappeared down when of the very few
SMUG black holes.

I think I may have fixed the problem by authorizing using the old Apple ID (I'm
sad enough to have remembered the old password). The whole thing does seem very
flakey though – why on earth when a user's Apple ID changes does iTunes not
automatically apply the new ID to all previously authorised iTunes items? And
why does the problem suddenly pop up out of the blue like some unwelcome ghost?

Phil

--
Phil Ward

Skype: aphilw
E: phil_w...@mac.com
W: www.philward.biz
W: www.myspace.com/philwardmusic
W: www.soundcloud.com/the-galleons

• Freelance writer and product designer.
• Exclusive UK distributor for Veillette Guitars. www.veilletteguitars.com.
• Consultant Designer of the Acoustic Energy AE22 nearfield monitor.
• Contributor to Sound on Sound and Performing Musician magazines.