I was wondering about that option too Derek, but I wonder if CS6 will open
legacy Quark files?

Phil

--
Phil Ward
Skype: aphilw

• Freelance writer and product designer.
• Exclusive UK distributor for Veillette Guitars. www.veilletteguitars.com.
• Consultant Designer of the Acoustic Energy AE22 nearfield monitor.
• Contributor to Sound on Sound magazine.
On 19 Jun 2012, at 10:26, Derek Cross wrote:

> At the risk of starting a storm, you might consider changing to Adobe
> InDesign CS6, which you can now get on monthly subscription.
> Derek
>

> On 19 Jun 2012, at 09:02, Phil Ward wrote:
>
>> I suspect the, "too good to be true" law applies here. If any offer appears
>> to be too good to be true, it very probably is.
>>
>> There could be all sorts of reasons why Quark/Adobe are unable to shut down
>> the questionable software dealers. They may be out of any effective
>> jurisdiction for example, or they may not actually be selling any software,
>> just taking people's money.
>>
>> I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, or, indeed a cliche.
>>
>> Phil
>>

>> ---
>> Sent on the move......
>>
>> Phil Ward
>> Skype: aphilw
>> E: phil_w...@mac.com
>> W: www.philward.biz
>> W: www.thegalleons.com
>> W: http://thegalleons.bandcamp.com/album/the-galleons
>>
>> • Freelance writer and product designer.
>> • Exclusive UK distributor for Veillette Guitars. www.veilletteguitars.com.
>> • Consultant Designer of the Acoustic Energy AE22 nearfield monitor.
>> • Contributor to Sound on Sound magazine.
>> On 19 Jun 2012, at 08:47, Grafras <parker.smith....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks David. That's very helpful. Fore warned is fore armed.
>>> If they are so illegal, it surprises me they are able to continue so
>>> blatantly. Why don't Quark/Adobe clean them out. Its not as if they are
>>> doing it in a back street - they're standing side by side in the
>>> marketplace with them.
>>> Graham
>>>
>>> On Monday, 18 June 2012 23:01:37 UTC+1, pitcairnpostcardmagazine wrote:
>>> That software is incredibly cheep (but it is OEM software), and the website
>>> looks good, but what can you tell from a good looking website?
>>>
>>> The following link may be of interest . . . I didn't know what OEM was
>>> until I read this:
>>> http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/findsoftware/f/oemsoftware.htm
>>>
>>> David
>>>

>>> On 18 June 2012 21:08, Grafras <parker.smith....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm currently using QXp 6.5 but need to upgrade to 8 as quickly and as
>>> economically as poss. Issues are:
>>> 1. My iMac has Snow Leopard OSX 10.6. Any problems here?
>>> 2. "Soft Buy" www.shopsoftwares.net are selling QXp 8 downloads for $150.
>>> Is this kosher?
>>> 3. Any other advice on the subject greatly appreciated.
>>> Thanks