Hi Dean

If you reloaded Mail from the Snow Leopard CD, chances are you're running an
older version. Try the following :

Holding CMD while clicking on Mail in the dock will show you where Mail is
running from, it should be in the Applications folder at the top level of
Macintosh HD. If it's running from anywhere else, put Mail in the trash, then
go to Macintosh HD > Applications > Open Mail from there
If Mail is missing, download & reinstall the 10.6.8 combo updater from Apple
and it'll reinstall Mail
Once Mail is in the Applications folder, click it once then push CMD + i on the
keyboard, it'll show you the version number, what version are you running?

Regards

Sam
MacAmbulance
Providing affordable Apple & PC services

Sam Mullen
07747 778022
http://www.macambulance.co.uk
i...@macambulance.co.uk