I have a question that may be of help to several members concerning time
machine and migrate assistant (and this is not about some very ambiguous
wording).

I migrated an air book to a new air book. The old one renamed itself air book
2, The ew one becomes air book, or air book 1

I have a full back u of my air book on my time machine. But it seems that
neither the old nor the new machine sees this bcd up, so I have a time capsule
with a large file I can't see or use.

It would be ice to use it. I'd like the history, but most of all I'd like not
to waste disc space, or the terrible time it will take to do a new back up from
scratch. (At least the migration was via thunderbolt, and was fast).

Is there anything I can do? Do I have to throw everything away and initialise
the time capsule disc again?

Thanks for any advice.

Ranulph