Search for "Java for os x 2014 001" and install that from the apple website

Regards

Sam

--
MacAmbulance
Sam Mullen

On 31 Jan 2015, at 10:24, Andrew Tett <aft...@gmail.com> wrote:

My daughter has a MacBook Pro Retina Display 13" running Mavericks 10.10.2.
She has a frustrating problem whenever she turns on the computer - she gets a
message about installing an update to Java and she follows the instructions but
the installation fails.

I have attached a screen grab of the message.

This screen grab talks about "this web content" but this notice happens on
starting up the computer before any attempt is being made to look at web
content.

The failure message says something about the computer not being 64-bit.  I know
little about computers at this level but can not find out at all if this is
relevant to this model?

Andrew
<java.png>