I just switched off WiFi on my iPad and tried opening some Pages documents (I’m
on the latest versions of everything) - some documents won’t open and display
“Document Can’t Be Downloaded. Please try again later.” whereas others open
just fine.

What I’ve noticed is that the ones that won’t open have an “iCloud download”
icon in the document’s top right. The ones that open have no such icon.

I switched WiFi on. Downloaded one of the “icon documents” and opened it and
then closed it. I switched WiFi off again and this time it opened just fine.

I suppose the upshot is that you need ensure all your Pages documents that you
might want to work on are downloaded before venturing away from a network
connection.

Stephen

THE SENATOR: This is an abyss into which it is better not to look.
THE COUNT: My friend, we are not free not to look.

- Joseph de Maistre